Swimming Pool & Recreation Facility - Swimming Pool
Facility Area Information
Log In to Request
Wrangell, AK 99929
Phone: (907) 874-2444
|Rules and Regulations
|Please note pool parties are required to follow the same rules, so make sure your guests are aware that their non-swimmers must be accompanied. Supervision is one adult to three (3) children.
- Children under the age of 7 and non-swimmers MUST be accompanied in the water by a mature responsible person 14 years of age or older. Their supervisor must accompany them at all times, staying within 4 feet of the swimmer.
- Swimmers must be 48” tall or able to swim one width of the pool without touching the sides or bottom of the pool. Non-swimmers or weak swimmers must notify a lifeguard on duty. Swimmers wishing to go to the deep water must be able to pass the deep water swim test as outlined in the facility’s policy.
- All persons must obey rules and adhere to the requests made by Staff. Staff and Managers have discretion to remove violators from the pool and may set a “time out” for their own safety as well as the safety and enjoyment of all pool patrons.
- Swim suits and trunks must be worn by persons using the pool. No cut-off pants are permitted in the pool. T-shirts may be worn. Patrons are not allowed on the pool deck with street shoes or clothes, except in the exercise machine area.
- All swimmers entering the pool must take a shower with soap and water.
- Chewing gum, food, and drink, with the exception of water, are not permitted in the locker room, on the pool deck, or in the pool. Water shall be in non-glass containers only.
- Persons with communicable diseases, open wounds, sore or inflamed eyes (because of infection), or discharge of the mouth or ears shall not use the pool.
- Persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs are prohibited from using the facility.
- No running in the lobby, locker rooms or pool deck.
- NO ROUGH HOUSING (pulling or pushing, throwing people, choke holds, jumping on each other, pushing off inner tubes, etc.)
- Spitting, screaming, and foul language are prohibited.
- No back dives or back flips from the edge of pool.
- No walking on deck with flippers.
- Inflatable toys, such as water wings, inflatable rings, and ski belts are not allowed at any time. Only Coast Guard-approved flotation devices will be allowed.
- To use the cardio weight room, patrons must be 18 years old, or 14 years of age and older with a parent’s waiver on file. Those under the age of 14 are not allowed to use the weight room and cardio equipment.
- Be Safe, Be Respectful, Be Responsible
Reservation requests can be made online but in order to complete the reservation you must submit the paperwork, fees and deposit to the office.
Pool Rental Fees:
- 0 - 15 People with 2 Guards $50/hr
- 16 - 30 People with 3 Guards $75/hr
- 31 - 45 People with 4 Guards $100/hr
- 46 - 60 People with 5 Guards $125/hr
Pool with Nessie Rental Fees:
- 0 - 15 People with 3 Guards $75/hr
- 16 - 30 People with 4 Guards $100/hr
- 31 - 45 People with 5 Guards $125/hr
- 46 - 60 People with 6 Guards $150/hr
Click on an activity name for details or the date for the activity schedule.
Library End Of Summer Pool Party
Saturday August 1, 2020
10:00 AM - 03:00 PM