Parks & Recreation will host several FUN RUNS throughout the year, helping to raise money for recreation equipment, and the youth fee assistance fund.
Along with raising money for a great cause, participating in one of our FUN RUNS offers up physical, emotional and community benefits. Runners, and walkers will improve their cardiovascular endurance, boost mood and connect with fellow community members.
Get sweaty for a great cause!
ALASKA DAY FUN RUN!
- DATE: Saturday, October 16th, 2021
- LOCATION: Muskeg Meadows Golf Course
- DONATION AMOUNT: $10, pay at the event. Cash or check (check can be made out to Wrangell P&R)
- DISTANCE OPTIONS & START TIMES:
- Half Marathon: 9:00am start
- 10K: 10:30am start
- 5K: 11:00am start
- 1-Mile Dash: 11:30am start
- Half Marathon consists of Ishiyama Dr. and the Golf Course main loop
- 10K consists of Ishiyama Drive and the Golf Course main loop
- 5K consists of Ishiyama Drive and the Golf Course main loop
- 1-Mile Dash consists of the Golf Course main loop
- We'll offer up an aid station, course markers, post-run snacks and door prizes!
- Proceeds from this event will to towards youth recreation equipment.