JOIN US FOR A COMMUNITY COLLABORATION EFFORT MAY 7TH & 8TH
Over the course of the past year our economy has been stunted and its affects have been felt throughout our community. Let this summer be a time for rebuilding. We would like to come together and ensure that our most cherished attractions, waterfronts, and green spaces are looking refreshed, inviting, and beautiful.
While Wrangell may not see the full sailing of ships throughout southeast this season, the community will still benefit from out of state independent travelers and our friends and families that visit the island. We want to make sure we are putting our very best foot forward as we move into a new season of opportunity. This will foster new energy for private businesses, encourage visitors to return and give rise to our sense of community pride.
To that end Wrangell Parks & Recreation has invited all borough departments to come together in a collaborative effort to spruce up the downtown corridor. To expand the impacts of our efforts, we are inviting community members, organizations, and businesses to lend a hand in ensuring this is a fabulous summer for all of us to enjoy.
"Here is the run down"
- Logistics & meals will be based out of the downtown pavilion. Meals & refreshments will be provided to staff & volunteers who support the effort.
- Volunteers should check in at the pavilion to sign up for specific tasks & retrieve any materials & supplies needed. Tasks may be assigned prior to the work event or on the day of the event.
- Tools will be provided, although volunteers are encouraged to bring their own garden tools to assist with the efforts as appropriate.
- Downtown businesses are encouraged to make suggestions & join in on the efforts.
- P&R staff will assist with staging materials & supplies for specific task oriented action, such as refreshing the garden beds along Front Street.
- Some tasks may require city staff oversight or labor to complete.
- As the priority tasks are completed in the downtown corridor, efforts may expand beyond front street.
- Volunteers who are unavailable on the event & wish to contribute during a different time frame should check in with P&R.
- Safety mitigation measures will be applied where necessary. PPE will be available.