Swimming Pool & Recreation Facility
Wrangell, AK 99929
Phone: (907) 874-2444
|Rental Procedures and General Information
Thank you for reserving or renting one of the Public Recreational Facilities. Several of these facilities require a rental fee and because of this we ask that the reservation forms be completed at least one week prior to the actual reservation.
- For dances, a dance permit is required. There must be six chaperones at least 18 years of age and a copy of the signed (Police Department) permit must be posted during the dance.
- There is a cleaning deposit for the Community Center and Pool. We ask that this be in check form and after the activity is over, the deposit may be returned (depending on condition of the facility).
- Rental of the Community Center and Swimming Pool, require one (1) week lead time. This will allow us to coordinate with department staff. Facilities WILL NOT BE RESERVED until a reservation form has been completed and returned for approval.
- We ask that you leave the room you reserved in the same condition as when you arrived. All cleaning must be completed, and decorations removed immediately following the conclusion of your event (or by prior arrangements).
- Please do not use staples or nails on the walls or floor.
- We do have mats and runners that can be used to cover the gym floor.
- All tables and chairs must be returned to their original storage area or area designated by the facility staff. Tables and chairs must be cleaned before storage. Please indicate that you wish to have tables and chair at the time of your reservation as there is a limited supply.
- Remove all garbage to the dumpster located behind the Community Center (Reid St.).
- If food and drink are to be in the gym, the gym floor may need to be wet moped after the activity. The floor will need to be mopped with clean, warm water. The water should be changed frequently as dirty water will streak the floor.
- If food and drink are to be in the pool lobby, the floor will need to be vacuumed and garbage taken out to dumpster in front of the Community Center (Church Street).
- Cleaning supplies, toilet paper, paper towels and garbage bag liners are stored in the multi-purpose room (closet by the door). There is a janitor’s sink in the boy’s rest room for water.
- The fee is based on the time that you are going to use the facility. Please consider the time you will need to set up and breakdown for your event. During birthday pool rentals, this time includes pool time and party time. Please include all the time you will need in your rental reservation.