Shoemaker Bay Recreational Area
Wrangell, AK 99929
|Reservations, Rentals and Refunds
- Parks & Recreation Shelters are available from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., unless otherwise posted. Overnight camping is not allowed within the shelters.
- Shelters may be reserved daily (or weekly, with Director’s prior approval), year-round.
- Reservations should be made at least one day prior to date of shelter use. Payment is due at the time of request.
- Refunds will only be given if notification is received at least seven days prior to the reserved date.
- Balls, nets, horseshoes and other assorted recreational equipment may be obtained for use with a required $25 refundable deposit. Rental and pick-up of equipment arrangements can be made by contacting the Parks & Rec office at 907-874-2444
|Use and Activities
- PLEASE leave the area clean and Litter-Free! Receptacles are provided for a limited amount of garbage. Carry out what receptacles will not accommodate.
- Groups greater than 50 people are required to rent a dumpster from the Public Works Department.
- No person shall operate a motor vehicle within any recreation area, except on the roadways/parking areas designated for such use.
- Electricity is available at Shoemaker Park Shelter, City Park Shelter 2, and at the Covered Basketball Court. Outlets are on one circuit of 20 amp 120 volt service (approx. 2400 watts). Read the watt use ratings on your appliances. If they add up to greater than 2400 watts, the breaker may be tripped.
- Shelter fire, fireplaces, grills. Contain and control fires within fireplaces/grills. Make certain your fire is completely extinguished before leaving. Wood is not provided. Never burn treated wood or plastics. No open pit bonfire burning. Charcoal coals and grease must not be dumped in the park or in park trash cans. Please remove and dispose of coals and grease from the premises.
- Please DO NOT nail or staple into picnic tables, benches or shelter structures. Rusted nails and sharp staples create a hazard for you and other users.
- No amplified sounds permitted.
- Please bring your copy of the reservation receipt, issued by the P&R office, to your event. If anyone refuses to leave the shelter during your rental period, please call the Wrangell Police Department for assistance.
- The misuse of the facility or failure to conform to the rules of this permit will be sufficient reason for denying future facility rental.
|Park Shelter Reservation Fees are: $15 for up to 3 hours / $30 for over 3 hours.
Click on an activity name for details or the date for the activity schedule.
There are no activities happening on the selected dates.